Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pandal hopping this Puja

As dance season 2011 draws to an end, I feel guilty at neglecting my blogs. This summer was as demanding as the past month of Durga Puja. In America puja spreads out over a month. People have plenty of opportunities to drive and go pandal hopping. My long desire of dancing in every puja of New Jersey came true. We started with Voorhees, South Jersey then danced at Plainfield, Central Jersey and finished with Jersey City. RDM Kids went to other puja pandals and Dusherra festival to cover all major celebrations in the state.
Meticulous planning & logistics was involved in performing continuously for 4 weekends. Changing costumes can prove to be an art but now we have mastered it. Keeping calm and having a prescence of mind is the key to appearing unfluttered specially if we have to go on stage before time. I am now very careful with taking my watch off in the car.You never know when the curtain goes up.
All the sweat & hardwork paid off as we capured the heart of the audience. The halls were jampacked as the crowd swayed to the beats of our ghungroos.It was homecoming for RDM.
The last show was at the university campus in PA. The love & enthusiasm of the students and faculty draws us to the campus.It feels like home. I can drive in any weather along the windy roads of the interstate. I performed dasabatar with Mitradi. Something very challenging since my friends were caught up with their own fasting challenge. This year Karva chauth clashed with Diwali fest. We finished dancing before the moon was out and my friends could break their fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment