Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dance Frenzy in Nashville

Summer madness started with Rabindra Jayanti in May. After the harsh winter, summer was a blessing. Little did any of us know about Hurricane Irene! At RDM we got started with our busy rehearsal schedules, simply glad to be out of our winter clothes. On the eve of Rabindranath Tagore's 150th birth anniversary celebrations were held on a grand scale at Rutgers Universty. RDM performed at the day long festivities. It was an auspicious start to our dance season.
More shows were lined up in June. We went on to perform at the closing ceremony for Zalak dance festival. Rehearsals were in full swing in the summer heat. I was gripped by dance fever. RDM performed at Akhil Autism fundraiser and ended the season with NABC Banga Sammelan, Baltimore.
I continued with the superbly organized RBC in Nashville getting to perform as a solo artist at the prestigious opening night for Regional Bengali Conference. Being on stage prior to the legendary singer Kavita Krishnamurthy & current sensation Aneek Dhar was itself a great honor. I thanked my stars for being in a dance frenzy practically dancing every weekend. It was my best performance to date. Picture perfect in every sense.I am grateful to the organizers for having such faith in me,to the audience for appreciating me and to my Guru for giving me the strength to stay focussed.Nashville will always hold fond memories in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment